Open Water Diver Certification (departs from Puerto Morelos)
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver Certification – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
The PADI Open Water Diver Certification consists of three main phases:
Knowledge Development (online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver Certification (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
And where better to do it than Mexico, whose waters are home to some of the best scuba diving anywhere on earth. So take a plunge into waters which are home to legendary clarity, with visibility of up to 200 feet, and some of the most dazzling displays of soft coral and marine life you’ll ever see.
Your Open Water Diver Certification (departs from Puerto Morelos) includes the following:
- Certified bilingual Instructor
- All equipment required
- Confined Water Dives
- Open Water Dives
- A maximum of 4 students per group
- Tour duration: 4 days
- Tour schedule: to be scheduled with instructor
- Tour departure: from a private marina in Cancun (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: minimum age 10 years
- Good swimming skills will be necessary
- Clients need to be in good physical health
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Open Water Diver Certification (departs from Puerto Morelos):
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- $10 USD dock fee
- $11 USD wetsuit rental
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.