The Hidden World of Bonampak & Yaxchilan
Journey deep into the southeastern jungles of the State of Chiapas and travel back in time as you discover some of the most beautiful archaeological sites in all of Mexico.
The ruin site of Bonampak boasts incredible murals that graphically reflect that historical moment between 750 and 950 AD, when the ancient Maya dominated this part of the world. Explore the central plaza, the acropolis and more in an area that covers almost 4,000 hectares of pristine jungle.
Afterwards journey by river boat to Yaxchilan (“Place of the Green Stones”), built high on the mountains next to the Umacinta River, is a ruin site that can definitely claim to be located in the one of the most beautiful settings in all of Mexico. Explore the many well preserved structures that have survived more than a thousand years.
Your The Hidden World of Bonampak & Yaxchilan includes the following:
- Roundtrip transportation
- Entrance fees
- Breakfast and lunch
- Tour duration: 14 hours
- Tour schedule: 06.00 AM daily
- Tour departure: From selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your The Hidden World of Bonampak & Yaxchilan:
- Biodegradable sunscreen/repellent
- Comfortable walking shoes or sports sandals
- Small backpack
- Extra $$ for souvenirs, tips, etc.