PADI Emergency First Response Certification
The PADI Emergency First Response Certification training focuses on building confidence in lay rescuers and increasing their willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency. Course participants learn simple-to-follow steps for emergency care and practice applying skills in a non-stressful learning environment.
EFR courses meet the CPR and first aid training requirements for the PADI Rescue Diver Certification and all professional-level ratings. Most PADI Instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors.
The following EFR courses are based on internationally recognized medical guidelines for emergency care:
- Primary Care (CPR) – This course teaches you the steps and techniques for handling life-threatening emergencies. You’ll practice eight skills for aiding patients who aren’t breathing, have no heartbeat, may have a spinal injury, may be in shock or who may have serious bleeding. You’ll learn to how to perform CPR and continue to monitor the patient, so that you provide every possible chance of survival while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.
- Secondary Care (First Aid) – Because many medical conditions are not life-threatening and emergency medical services are sometimes delayed or unavailable, this course teaches you how to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm. You’ll learn to assess a variety of injuries and illnesses and practice bandaging and splinting.
- EFR Refresher – It’s a good idea to refresh your CPR and first aid skills every 24 months, and that’s what the EFR Refresher course is designed to do. Focusing on key skills, the course allows you to stay up-to-date and ready to lend aid when needed.
$135 (own dive equipment)
Rental dive equipment (please refer to “”Recommendations”” tab below)
Your PADI Emergency First Response Certification includes the following:
- PADI-certified bilingual Instructor
- Primary Care (CPR) course
- Secondary Care (First Aid) course
- A maximum of 4 students per group
- Tour duration: 5 hours
- Tour schedule: available upon request
- Tour departure: Dive Shop Cozumel (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Only PADI-certified divers will be allowed to participate
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
- Note: diving is by nature weather dependent and will therefore only operate if weather permits
Please bring the following to your PADI Emergency First Response Certification:
- PADI Certification Card
- Marine park tax – $2.50
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.
Optional rental items:
- Regulator rental – $11.00
- BCD rental – $11.00
- Mask, fins, snorkel rental – $5.00
- Shortie wetsuit rental – $9.00
- Underwater flashlight rental – $8.00
- Tanks rental – $9.00
- Nitrox – $11.00