Tulum Ruins Express Tour (departs from Akumal)
Explore the archaeological site of Tulum, the only surviving Maya archaeological site set alongside the sea. Tulum was one of the last cities inhabited and built by the Maya; it was at its height between the 13th and 15th centuries and managed to survive about 70 years after the Spanish began occupying Mexico.
Built on a bluff facing the rising sun, which inspired its original Maya name Zama (or “city of dawn”) the stunning backdrop of the Caribbean Sea makes this site one of the most picturesque in the world! If you love local history then this is one place you have see!
Your Tulum Ruins Express Tour (departs from Akumal) includes the following:
- Bilingual staff
- Round trip transportation
- Admission to and guided tour in the archaeological site
- Tour duration: 6 hours
- Tour schedule: 8:00 AM daily
- Tour departure: from selected hotels (details will accompany your reservation confirmation)
- Age restrictions: children between 5-11 years pay children’s price
- Clients who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to participate
Please bring the following to your Tulum Ruins Express Tour (departs from Akumal):
- Biodegradable sunscreen / repellent
- Sunglasses and hat
- Swimsuit and towel
- Comfortable clothing, walking shoes or sports sandals
- All children must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Those who use a wheelchair must be accompanied by a paying companion
- Extra $$ for tips, etc.